December is upon us in Newburyport and there is no better time of the year. This is the perfect time of year to come together with both family and friends. Christmas is less than two weeks away and a new decade is right around the corner. Newburyport has everything you need to make this Holiday season one of the most memorable yet.
Let’s kick off this holiday season with some brews at Riverwalk! On December 14th and 15th, Riverwalk Brewing will be hosting a Holiday Market in the Brewhouse. They will be hosting local makers and crafters all afternoon each day. Everyone is welcome to come down and get some unique gifts for the holidays while enjoying a beer and a behind the scenes look at the Brewhouse. The best part about this event is that admission is free. What isn’t there to love about an event that will continue to spread the Holiday Cheer?
The “Christmas in New England” Concert will be having its 16th annual event this December. You and your family will be able to enjoy a one of a kind show which features a seasonal blend of traditional, contemporary, and original Christmas Music performed with acoustic instruments and vocals. Take this opportunity to treasure these moments with your family; it is necessary that we all take this time of year to slow down the tempo and a Christmas concert would be the perfect way to do so.
It’s never too late to get all your Christmas shopping done! Newburyport is going to make your life much easier this season by bringing the presents to you. Spend your evening strolling from shop to shop as you meet all your gift requirements. Not only will you be able to get all your Christmas shopping done but you can also do so while enjoying munchies and beverages offered by local merchants. If you have all potential gifts at your disposal, then you can easily keep all those people you care about with a smile on their face.
Now that you have all your events in the Holiday Itinerary, it is time to make sure that you have all the treats. Why not take this chance to make one of this season’s most desirable desserts. Here is everything you need to make Gingerbread Cookies.
• .75 c. butter, softened
• .75 c. packed brown sugar
• .67 c. molasses
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 3.25 c. all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp. ground baking soda
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• .5 tsp. ground cloves
• .5 tsp. kosher salt
• .25 tsp. ground nutmeg
• Sugar Cookie Icing and Sprinkles for decorating
1. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and molasses until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, spices, baking soda, and salt until combined. With the mixer on low, gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until dough just comes together.
3. Divide dough in half and create two discs. Wrap each in a plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper Place one disc of dough on a lightly floured surface and roll until .25” thick. Cut out gingerbread men with a 3” wide cutter and transfer baking sheets.
5. Bake until slightly puffed and set, 9 to 10 minutes, depending on size of your cookie cutters. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely
6. Repeat with remaining disc of dough. Decorate with icing and sprinkles as desired.
Now you have everything you need to make this Christmas a very special one. Newburyport Landing will remain here to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. Happy Holidays!